Kanchana Viswanathan, M.D., F.A.C.E.
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology & Metabolism
"I enjoy getting to know my patients. Over the many years of practice I have learned a lot from my patients. I focus on individualized medical care and believe that "one size doesn't fit all". I strive to take the best from evidence based medicine and tailor it to my patient's needs."
American Board of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism
Education & Training:
Stanley Medical College, University of Madras
Internship & Residency:
Mt. Sinai Hospital, Chicago Medical School
Honors & Awards:
Best Intern of the Year
Mt. Sinai Hospital
AMA Physician's Recognition Award
1996 & 2000
- Served as President of the Medical Staff, Chair of the Quality Management Committee, and as Chair of the Department of Medicine at Beloit Memorial Hospital at various times during tenure at Beloit Clinic 1993 – 2008.
Presentation at National Meetings:
- Childhood Thyroid Cancer, Endocrine Society Meeting
Las Vegas 1992
- Choriocarcinoma Following Ectopic Pregnancy– A Case Study
(Co-author: S.K. Desai), J. Obstetrics Gynecology India 35, 559 (1986)
- Chilhood Thyroid Cancer: Characteristics and Long-Term Outcome in Children Irradiated for Benign Conditions of the Head and Neck. (Co-authors: T.C. Gierlowski and A.B. Schneider). Arch.Pediatr.Adolesc.Med.148, 260 (1994)
- Taught : "Introduction to Clinical Medicine" Course during Fellowship at the University of Illinois 1992.
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine, Rockford from 1999 to present, teaching Clinical Endocrinology.
- Preceptor in the Generalist Partner Program of the University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison from 2000 to 2005.
Hobbies and Interests:
Dr. Viswanathan is married with one grown-up son. She enjoys traveling, listening to music, reading, walking and yoga.
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
- St. Mary Medical Center