Yasaman Mohtasebi, M.D.
Board Certified in Internal Medicine
Specializing in Endocrinology/Metabolism
"Medicine interests me in its ability to translate art and science into individualized patient care. Continued opportunity to learn and also to teach and care for patients is priceless."
Medical Licensure and Board Certification:
American Board of Internal Medicine: Board Certified August 2009
Specializing in Endocrinology and Metabolism
Education and Training:
Residency – Internal Medicine
June 2006 – June 2009
University of Maryland Medical Center
July 2013 – June 2015
- Occasional preceptorship and resident supervision in ambulatory medicine
UPMC – Mercy Health Center
January 2012 – April 2013
- Associate in Internal Medicine – Prime Medical Group
Affiliated with Jefferson Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
September 2009 – May 2013
- Participated in studies for improvement of women's health through "The American College
of Obstetricians and Gynecologists"
June 2005 – May 2006
- Worked as General Practitioner in the Emergency Department – Kasra Hospital, Karaj, Iran
October 2001 – March 2003
Honors & Awards:
- Clinical Fellow Abstract Award", awarded by the Endocrine Society
"Hypoparathyroidism: Less mornidity from acute hypocalcemia with chronic vitamin D2
treatment compared to calitriol." January 2015
- Recipient of the "Rounds Like a Fellow Award", awarded by the Infectious Disease
Department, UPMC-Mercy Hospital. June 2009
- "Research Abstract Award in Resident Category", AACE 2009 Annual Meeting Award. For
best research anstract in resident category: "Efficacy and safety of an Insulin Infusion on
glycemic control on post-operative patients in Non-Ctritical Care Setting". May 2009
- Certificate of Merit, awarded by ACP, in recognition of UPMC-Mercy Hospital – 1st Place
Western Region Pennsylvania Medical Jeopardy Tournament. December 2007
- Scored in top 1% of second-year residents on Internal Medicine In-Training Exam. 2007
- Top Score on National Internal Medicine Residency Entrance Exams. 2004
- Co-investigator, University of Maryland Medical Center, Elizabeth A. Streeten, MD.
Renal safety, incidence of hsopitalization and kidney stone in hypoparathyroid patients
chronically treated with D2 vs Calcitrol. A retrospective study. January 2014 – present.
- Co-investigator, University of Maryland Medical Center, Kashif Munir, MD.
Biochemical follow-up of non-functioning thyroid nodules: incidence of developing
thyroid dysfunction over time. July 2014 – present.
- Co-investigator, University of Maryland Mdical Center, Toni Pollin, Ph.D.
A Case-finding approach to screening for monogenic diabetes. May 2014 – present.
- Worked as volunteer, Division of Endocrinology, University of Pittsburgh, Andrew F.
Involved in basic science research regarding "mechanisms to induce
pancreatic Beta-cell proliferation by studying different cell cycle regulatory factors/
molecules on Beta-cell replication, as a potential future therapeutic option to improve
function". April 2012 – December 2012.
- Co-invetigator, Department of Endocrinology, UPMC-Mercy Hospital, Pittsburgh, Jann
Conducted an observational retrospective study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of an
Insulin Infusion on glycemic control on post-operative patients in Non-Critical Care Setting.
Selected as the best research abstract at 2009 AACE Annual Meeting Award.
October 2007 –
- Endocrine Society - December 2013 - Present
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologist (AACE) – February 2009 - Present
- Pennsylvania Medical Society – January 2012 – 2013
- American College of Physicians – September 2007 – 2013
- Society of Critical Care Medicine, Residency Section, Des Plaines, Il – April 2004 – April 2005
Hobbies and Interests
I enjoy skiing with my husband during winter and for my spare time, I love reading and
listening to music.
Community Hospital of Long Beach
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
St. Mary Medical Center
1868 Pacific Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90806
PH: (562) 595-4718
Fax: (562) 591-7323
8:00am – 5:00pm
Monday through Friday
Saturday: By appointment only
Visit our website: www.endoteam.com